Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sometimes you want what you don't deserve.

Translation: you can't have your cake and eat it to you greedy asshole.

I can't help but wonder as a 23 year old, educated and assertive woman...how in God's name do I always end up back at square one?

I wake up every morning and suddenly realize how Bill Murray's character must have felt in the movie "Groundhog's Day." And my friends, something has got to give.

I have moved home to focus on obtaining my master's degree. Its not really home, mind you, just my parent's house. Home is Texas. Home is where I can walk into the bar and a miller is waiting for me by the time I get to the counter (home is also a place of rampant alcoholism, apparently). And now I live in...Michigan. Or as my mother calls it "Wishigan" because she wishes she was in Texas again. I tend to think the nickname is appropriate because I wish people here knew how to drive, dress, and be polite. But unfortunately, I think I need to start formulating some sort of social life here instead of living vicariously through my dear friend's facebook posts back home.


So while I sit here on my ass, wondering if my life will ever resemble anything close to normal, I fear the answer is a resounding HELL TO THE NO. My boyfriend lives 1500 miles away, my friends even further, and my sense of pride is buried somewhere South of hell.

So guess who's picking up writing instead of drinking as a hobby??!

....guess that bachelor's in journalism paid off?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please indulge me, and leave a little feedback! I like knowing I'm not the only person in the world with thoughts this random. You are not required to be on blogger to comment, or registered in any way. Also, I got rid of that annoying Captcha (I'm convinced it was created by the devil).